Music To Concentrate To
Include this article in your Skills Builder Journal. It could help you develop...
Need a soundtrack to keep you focussed? Your perfect playlist, as recommended by you, is right here...
Whether you’re switching off your screens for some meditation, or sitting down to study, nothing drives focus quite like the perfect playlist. With the help of some of our influencers and you, we’ve compiled a playlist of the ultimate concentration sounds...
First up, we spoke to Annam Ahmad, who recommended Chaap Tilak by Abida Parveen & Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, and For Stormboy by Rhiannon Bannenberg. She says, “I can easily get lost listening to them. They’re great for keeping me focused...not too upbeat, not too soft - just right!”
Luke Catleugh added Heartbeats by José González, Cherry Wine by Hozier, Square One by Moss Kena, Conversations in the Dark by John Legend and The Story by Brandi Carlile. He said “The times that we find ourselves in right now are strange to say the least and keeping your mind positive and focused can be so tricky but with the right playlist - it can make such a difference. I have chosen these songs because they are low tempo, relaxing and not too distracting and that helps me so much. Acoustic songs that aren't too heavy really help me categorise my thoughts and focus on things one at a time.”
Next up was Nathan Shoesmith, whose favourites included ID by Kygo, and Walk Alone by Rudimental ft. Tom Walker. Nathan likes them because they are “ideal to put on in the background while trying to focus or concentrate on something, and can help motivate me and help me keep focused on the task at hand.”
Finally, Huw Prosser added his thoughts to the mix, recommending The Line by The Eastern Sea and I’m Sorry by Swell ft. Shiloh. Huw thinks they should be on the playlist because the songs have “never failed to slow me down and help me focus on what’s most pressing, while also keeping my momentum when I’m working hard on a problem.”
Then it was over to you guys! You recommended:
- That's All - Genesis chosen by Lauren who says “This song is mellow but with a really good beat, I could listen to it for hours”
- Experience - Ludovico Einaudi
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole
- Safe and Sound - Yorke Lore
- Pictures - Ed Prosek chosen by Holly who says “it’s a beautiful song, which also helps you get your head down and concentrate”
- Deathbed - Powfu ft. beabadoobee
- Not Even Her - Bra Dy
- Drops of Jupiter - With Confidence chosen by Clara who says “It's an acoustic soft song which doesn't distract you from anything else”
- Flowers (feat. Nori) - In Love With A Ghost chosen by Soony who says “When I feel like I want to give up, I take a few minutes to stop and listen to this song. I always feel better afterwards”
- Goodbye - Billie Eilish
- Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
- Bad Habit - The Kooks chosen by Lucy who says “With its steady beat throughout, it always seems to keep me focused on whatever task I might be doing”