Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they govern your use of this website. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect from the date of your first visit to the site. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, please terminate use of this site immediately. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of any third party, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of this site.
This website and its information are provided on an 'as is' basis with no warranties of any kind whatsoever, either express or implied. Use of this website and the information on it is entirely at the user's sole risk. In no event will NCS be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to this website. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with this website and/or information contained is to stop using the site and the information.
NCS does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production, however you must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.
We can’t accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of content, no responsibility can be taken for any error or omission.
While we make every effort to keep the NCS website up to date, we don’t provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to the accuracy of the information on the site. We don’t accept liability for loss or damage incurred by users of the website, whether direct, indirect or consequential, whether caused by tort, breach of contract or otherwise.
This includes loss of: income or revenue, business, profits or contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill, tangible property or wasted management or office time in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it. This condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to the information that is hosted on these pages, and you don’t have to ask permission to link to wearencs.com
However, we don’t give you permission to suggest that your website is associated with, or endorsed by NCS.
NCS does not accept any liability over the content of these third party sites. The existence of these links does not constitute an endorsement of the websites, nor the views expressed in them. Your linking to these sites is entirely at your own risk.
NCS may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time, and you agree to periodically review them. Should the revision be unacceptable to you, you agree to stop accessing this site immediately.
No part of this website, including information, images, logos, photos, and overall appearance of the site, may be copied, republished, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright holders except for your own personal, or non-commercial use.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The courts in England and Wales will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute which may arise.
If any of these Terms and Conditions shall be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within which that Term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
1. Young people who participate in NCS self-report on the school that they attend and not every young person will state their school in their application. This means that the numbers shown here do not include all participants on the programme who are in school and this may mean schools see a difference between the numbers of pupils they have participating on NCS and the numbers represented here.
2. School names, URNs, Local Authorities and Regions have been taken from Edubase.
3. School types have been simplified from the Edubase categories. An explanation of how the school types have been mapped is in the Metadata made available with the downloadable CSV file.
4. The data shows "Turns Ups" on the NCS Programme for Spring 2016 and Summer 2016 programmes. Turn Ups are those who have signed up to the NCS Programme and then attended at least the first day of Programme.
5. In future years, we will also present Turn Up data from the Autumn NCS programme in that academic year. At the point of publishing Autumn data in any given year we will also publish the Turn Up data for Colleges and 6th Form institutions which are not currently included in this list.
6. NCS is an inclusive programme that is available for all 16-17 year olds, including young people with a statement of Special Educational Needs and/or an Education, Health and Care Plan, and young people who attend specialist or non-mainstream institutions.
7. We have not listed participation data from specialist or non-mainstream education institutions here. However, it is our expectation that we will publish this information in future years.
8. The cohort number shown is the number of Year 11 and Year 12 students within the school as recorded in Schools, Pupils and Characteristics: January 2016
NCS Trust follow the standard guidelines that within 14 days a refund will be given to any young person who after paying, decides they no longer wish to attend NCS. Beyond that timeframe, the Trust would liaise with the relevant Partner Organisation and, depending on circumstances, exceptions can be made if it is deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis (i.e. bereavement, illness, etc.). There may also be instances where a complaint has been made and the Trust have authorised a refund as a gesture of goodwill – this would also be issued on a case-by-case basis.
To view the NCS Modern Slavery & Reporting Policy please click here.
Please note – once you agree that NCS can publish your content, you grant NCS Trust permission to use this material for future marketing campaigns, website(s), emails and other social channels with no restrictions, payment or other consideration. In legal speak, this is a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence without any time or other limits.
If NCS Trust wishes to use your content, you will receive a request by way of an Instagram comment or Tweet. If you wish to approve the stated use of your content, please reply using the hashtag #YesNCS. In doing so, you grant NCS Trust a licence to use your content on the above terms.