Let’s Get Quizzical: Sex Education
Do you know your bits from your bobs? Your tit from your tat? Put yourself to the test with our brand new quiz all about s-e-x. Answers below!
1) How long does the contraceptive implant last for?
a) Two months
b) Three years
c) Six weeks
d) Twelve months
2) How many sperm cells are contained in the average ejaculation?
3) True or false: condoms are the only form of protection against both pregnancy and STIs.
4) Approximately how many nerve endings does the clitoris have?
5) What is the most commonly diagnosed STI in the UK?
6) The vibrator was originally invented to ‘cure hysteria’ (lol). But when?
7) On average, how long do men usually last before ejaculating during penetrative sex?
a) 5.4 minutes
b) 6.3 minutes
c) 8.2 minutes
d) 11.1 minutes
8) True or false: if you have an STI you’ll be able to tell.
9) Approximately how many men, worldwide, are circumcised?
10) The Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine is an effective means of preventing what?
a) Cervical cancer
b) Breast cancer
c) Ovarian cancer
d) Uterine cancer
1) The answer is b) Three years!
The small flexible rod, inserted in the upper arm, releases progestogen into your bloodstream to prevent pregnancy and lasts for three whole years!
2) The answer is d) 400,000,000!
That’s right, it might only take one sperm to fertilise an egg, but 400,000,000 of them get the chance!
3) The answer is True!
Condoms are the only method of protecting against both pregnancy and STIs. All other methods, such as the IUD, contraception implant, vaginal ring and the pill, protect against pregnancy but not STIs.
4) The answer is a) 8,000!
The clitoris has more nerve endings than both your tongue and your fingertips! And the penis has half that amount with 4,000.
5) The answer is b) Chlamydia!
The most commonly seen STI in England is chlamydia with nearly 220,000 diagnoses in 2018. So think back to question 3 and always use protection!
6) The answer is c) 1869!
Yep. Back in 1869, people didn’t really get what sexual frustration was, and certainly didn’t believe that women experienced sexual desire or pleasure. The vibrator was used as a quick method to free up doctors hands. Excellent
7) The answer is a) 5.4 minutes!
It’s easy to think that the longer you last, the better it is, but lots can happen in just five minutes!
8) The answer is False!
Some people with an STI will experience symptoms but most people who have an STI show no symptoms at all! This can be true for pretty much any STI out there, so the only way to know for sure if you have an STI is to get tested.
9) The answer is c) 37-39%!
According to a 2016 study by the US National Library of Medicine, 37-39% of the world’s men are circumcised, with half of those being conducted for religious and cultural reasons.
10) The answer is a) Cervical cancer!
HPV is the cause of cervical cancer and one of the most common sexually transmitted infections. The vaccine is administered in the UK for boys and girls in year 8. But, anyone who missed it in that school year can still be vaccinated on the NHS up to their 25th birthday.
If you have any questions about your sexual health, or need someone to speak to, get in touch with Brook.
Head back to the hub for more ways to be epic, live life, do good and go party.